March 6, 2008

The Most Bang For My Buck

I just paid $25 to have my bangs trimmed. Is that a lot? Not cut, just trimmed. They were starting to get in my eyes. Granted, I did go to a swanky Greenwich Village salon, but I was in her chair for only ten minutes. No wash, no dry...just a few snips. My idea about what is expensive and what is not is blurred since all I see around me are designer bags, fancy suits and people with money coming out of their ears. I'm feeling like it is more than okay that I paid such a high price....maybe my perception of reality is skewed. It is totally normal here to pay $25 for good service at a trendy salon, but is it logical? What is it, like $10 per square centimeter of hair they touch? I'm not really sure, but I sure do like my bangs.

3 comments:

brooke said...

I like your bangs too, but come on sista...I could have done that! Holy Smokes. 25 bucks for ten minutes of service. Don't you people (New Yorkers) :) have a supercuts somewhere? I pay that much for a nice full cut, although I have been neglecting my hair for a very long time. Your cute hair is inspiring! You look great. Yes...your views are tainted in such a crazy place...freaking money.

Probative said...

I still cut my own hair---I have a hard time paying 15 bucks for simple grooming.


But it is all relative. I drop money on lunch now like I never would have imagined.

Unknown said...

25 bucks is a little pricey, but it does take a certain technique to cut good bangs. I remember when I tried to cut mine myself & they looked like a four-year-olds! You need someone good who can give them some texture.
I love your bangs!