April 26, 2008

Book Tag

I've been book tagged by my sister-in-law and here is what I am told I am supposed to do:

Pick up the nearest book (one with at least 123 pages)
Open to page 123
Find the 5th sentence
Post the next 3 sentences
Tag 5 people

"That attitude takes all the crassness and stupidity of the world and makes it the occasion for a game. This is pearl making at it's best. Copland's remark indicates that whatever he may find in the world, if a creative person has a sense of humor, a sense of style, and a certain amount of stubbornness, he finds a way to do what he needs to in spite of the obstacles."

My book was Free Play by Stephen Nachmanovitch. These are pretty good lines in the context of the rest of the book which discusses all the ways we as humans improvise and how to be more in touch with ourselves and our ability to do so. It's kind of funny that the one book closest to me was non-fiction because I don't tend to read non-fiction books very often. This one was given to me as a gift and is a real gem. I recommend it to anyone who is looking to put some more creativity into their life. Anyone who is an artist in some way (and aren't we all?) will enjoy this book.

I tag Jamie and only Jamie to this. I don't have five blogger friends who haven't already been tagged. Sad.

1 comments:

jamie said...

oh the pressure! :) i'm not near any books besides engineering text books at the moment, but i'll get on it.