May 26, 2008

Coney Island

I had really been wanting to go to Coney Island for a while now. Especially since the weather turned nice. I have been there once before, but it was several years ago on a day when it was raining and the carnival was closed. I understood then that I wasn't witnessing the real Coney Island, the famous Coney Island.

Today, Anna and I witnessed it first hand. Memorial Day is either the best or the worst day of the year to visit the famous beach boardwalk in Brooklyn, depending on how you look at it. We rode the world famous wooden roller coaster, The Cyclone, because it is open for its last season and will soon be shut down. Now we can say we survived a ride on that wretched, rickety and impossibly uncomfortable piece of ancient history....I sure haven't laughed, screamed, or cried so hard in a long time though. We ate corn on the cob and had a hot dog and lemonade from Nathan's and walked down the pier. It was a little too windy (and crowded) to enjoy laying out on the beach, but we had a great time.

0 comments: