December 14, 2008

blah blah blog

I'm not sure what has gotten into me and why it has become more difficult for me to write interesting posts lately. I have a desire to write more often but then when I sit down to do it I feel like I have nothing to say.The truth is, my life is absolutely crazy busy and fulfilling right now and I have tons to write about. I just haven't found a good way to express those things I wish to share.

This blog has become more of a way for me to share my life in Sweden with my family and friends I can't see every day than it is a forum for me to open up about my thoughts, dreams, and opinions. I think maybe I will try to change that in hopes of creating a stronger desire within myself to write. I too often feel like, who really wants to read about my trip to the grocery store where I had an epiphany or my experience with the homeless man on the train home from work? When really, these are the things about my day-to-day life that may be interesting to others if I open up and am honest.

For now I can be honest with a little catch-up on the ongoings of my life:
Work is going well and although I often put in long hours, I have never had such a rewarding job before. I am constantly learning and overcoming challenges and that is always a major plus for one's self-esteem and sense of accomplishment. I just finished my first term as a teacher for an online Copywriting in English class with a university here in Stockholm called Berghs School of Communication. It was difficult staying motivated enough to come home and correct papers after a long day of work but now that it is over, I am of course very glad I did it. They have asked me to run the course called Professional Writing in English next term and I have accepted, so there will be no lull in my work load any time soon :)

Klas and I are really looking forward to Christmas since we have both been working so much this month that we haven't had so much time for eachother. We will be spending Christmas at his mom's house and will also visit his dad and his grandparents while we are there. This will actually be my first Christmas spent in Sweden so I am looking forward to learning some new traditions and being a part of the festivities here.

Last but not least...we bought our tickets and are flying to California on January 15th! I am so glad that we worked it out so that even though I cannot be with my family on Christmas, there will only be more to look forward to once Christmas is over because Klas and I are coming to the States! We talk about it almost every day and are really looking forward to seeing everyone we have missed so much.

0 comments: