April 12, 2008

24

Last year on my birthday I wrote a "happy birthday to me" blog post. I don't feel it necessary to repeat the offense this year, but I did find some fun facts on wikipedia about the number 24:

- The number of hours in a day. (really?)

- The number of Carats representing 100% pure gold. (I am golden)

- The number of cycles in the Chinese solar year.

- The number of frames per second at which motion picture film is usually projected.

- The number of letters in both the modern and classical Greek alphabet.

- The number of Baseball Hall of Famer Willie Mays, retired by the San Francisco Giants.

- The atomic number of chromium.

- 24 is considered an unlucky number in Cantonese culture because its pronunciation is similar to that of "easy to die". For this reason, many buildings skip this floor number. The same goes for 13, 34, 44, etc.

Hmmm, I think I will just forget that last one. Here's to being 24!!!

1 comments:

Anayansi said...

Happy Birthday Cami! I hope that you had a good one.