April 10, 2008

One of Those Days

Today has been one of those days for me when everything is just right and life can't seem to get much better. You know, those days when you are walking down the street with your headphones on and the perfect songs keep coming on, each one better than the last. The songs you are listening to transform and become something greater than just music in your ears. They become the soundtrack playing in the background of your life.

I had such an experience today while walking down the street in the Upper West Side on this beautiful 73 degree-weather, sunny day. Trees lining the streets in full bloom, kids eating ice cream cones on the corner, skyscrapers appearing larger than usual imposed against the bluest sky. Life is good in the Big Apple today and I am loving every minute.

I know that some of my current zest for life is sprouting from the fact that I have so many exciting things to look forward to in the months ahead. But mostly, I think it is because I have reminded myself not to forget to soak up everything that is fabulous about living in this city, everything that is wonderful about my life right now.

1 comments:

jamie said...

Barf. :)

Just kidding. Glad you're finally experiencing spring in New York.