May 20, 2008

20 Things I Love Right Now

I don't think I was tagged on this one. But I am going to share anyways. I've really enjoyed other people's lists because it offers a unique peek into their life in the purest form. The things that make us smile, the things we reward ourselves with and the people that enrich our lives...the things we love are what makes life worth living, after all! In no particular order, here are mine:

1. my ipod- that little music gadget is amazing and really makes my daily commute more bearable. (I'm going to let this one count for music too because it is definitely one of my greatest loves)

2. bagels- I don't know if it's a New York thing, because I know they are popular everywhere, but you can seriously get any bagel, with anything on it, anywhere you go in this city. My new favorite is a multi-grain bagel with lite vegetable cream cheese...yummm

3. independent/foreign films- I have made an almost weekly habit of going to see an independent or foreign film at an indie theater or at the Scandinavian House in Manhattan. I usually go by myself after work so I don't have to worry about what the person next to me thinks about the film. I have opened my eyes to a whole new world of film I never knew existed.

4. the warm chocolate brownie sundae from Chocolate Room- best dessert on the planet. no contest.

5. text messages- every time my phone beeps with a new message I still get excited. It's like getting a letter in the mail or something and some days it's my only form of communication with Klas.

6. naps in the middle of the day- there is nothing like falling asleep with a book in my hand on a Saturday afternoon.

7. the Swedish language- kinda silly maybe, but Swedish brings a lot of joy into my life-hearing it, speaking it, reading it. It is something I am proud of having accomplished, the fact that I understand this crazy language, and is also something that I am humbled by, when I think of how much more I have to learn. I love the experience of adding new words to my vocabulary every day and setting goals for the level I hope to get to.

8. people watching- it's one of my favorite past times...especially in this city.

9. iced lattes- my summer drink of choice for sure.

10. Prospect Park- it's my little piece of heaven right here in Park Slope.

11. undressing after work- I remember my mom telling me when I was young how nice it felt to take off her pantyhose when she got home from work and I never really understood what the big deal was. I get it now. One of my favorite parts of the weekday is the minute I get home, rip off my work clothes and slip into my comfy pants.

12. crossword puzzles- (see previous post)

13. hanging on the roof of my apartment- we have a seriously sweet view of Manhattan from our roof top which we have access to through a cute little trap door with a ladder in our hallway. There have been many fun nights up there and some great days of sunbathing too.

14. talking to my family on the phone- I miss my family more than they know and I always love hearing about what every one is up to. Phone conversations always make me feel closer even though we are so far apart.

15. cute animal videos on youtube- Klas sends me about a hundred videos a week of cute animals that he finds on the net. They make me happy. This little guy is one of my favorites. (watch with sound on)

16. laughter- I am a happy person, but even for me it is a rare occasion that I find myself rolling on the floor laughing until my belly aches. Those moments are priceless.

17. gossip magazines- I've said it before and I'll say it again, "hello, my name is Camille and I am addicted to celebrity gossip." It's kind of horrible and trashy, but it's also kind of cool that everyone comes to me for anything pop culture trivia related. I love love love sitting down with the latest issue of People and Us Weekly.

18. pictures- taking them, posing for them (my roommate is a photographer), looking through the millions I have on my computer...pictures are such a wonderful way to capture life's small moments just as much as the big ones.

19. evening walks around the neighborhood- I got into the habit when Klas was here and now I can't stop. It's calming and fun to explore every nook and cranny of my neighborhood.

20. spending time with Klas- last but certainly not least...time with my love is something I love more than anything and something that is even more precious to me because we have been living apart for the past year. I am happiest when Klas is around. He makes me smile more, laugh more and overall brightens up my life.


1 comments:

Liz said...

I definitely agree with your #4. The Chocolate Room is one of my best memories of my visit to NY.! And the little furry creature on your link to YouTube had me laughing so hard I was crying. (you know how we do that, huh?!!!) Thanks for sharing your list!! Loved it! Love you-Mom