July 31, 2008

My new bike!

I came back to Stockholm and received a wonderful surprise. Klas bought me a bike! And he bought one for himself too so we can ride around together. We had talked about wanting bikes for a while but I had pretty much decided it was something that had to wait. While I was in California, he took it upon himself to make a little project out of finding the perfect bike for me. He did such a great job that when he asked me which bike I would want out of all 50 of the bikes parked outside, I picked my bike!!! It's a silver and black three speed cruiser bike with a basket in the front. I love it and have already discovered new places and new sides of Stockholm while out on our rides. Having a bike in this city is like having a car in California. Not to mention I am going to get in shape by riding everywhere!

The cutest part of all is that he bought us both helmets too and makes me wear mine everywhere. Even though I look like a dork, I know it is the safest thing to do. Especially when we are riding around the city with car traffic.

2 comments:

jamie said...

OK cutest thing ever! :) Show those Swedes what you learned in Davis, and don't be afraid to play a little Queen whilst you do it. I want to ride my bicycle...

Camille said...

I want to ride my biiiiiiiiike!!! yay for Davis and singing Queen :0)