October 5, 2008

Hobbies

It seems as though the older I get, the faster times goes by. The days just come and go, and sometimes it easy to look back on the week and wonder what I did just for myself. I am a strong believer in the fact that everyone needs to have some "me" time and having a hobby is one of the best ways to do just that. Aren't we all a little happier when we do something creative, something athletic, something musical...something that doesn't feel like work?

I have been making an effort to find some new activities for myself because I realized that when I was not at work or out with friends, I was usually at home, wasting my precious free time paralyzed in front of my computer screen. Don't get me wrong, blogging is a good hobby, but facebook, peoplemagazine.com and youtube...not so much.

So first, and probably most importantly, I have purchased a one year gym membership and have set a goal for myself to work out three days a week. They have really great classes at the gym I go to including aerobics, dance and step that I am already having a blast participating in. Working out can become a hobby when you find a physical activity you truly enjoy.

My other new hobby is learning how to play the flute, as you know, and you may be glad to hear that I am getting better!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You mean facebook & following celebrity gossip aren't hobbies? Dang it. I need to come up with some good ones. You've inspired me. Maybe I'll take up piano.