October 16, 2008

Photos by Anna Larsson

There are plenty of reasons why I love my life in Stockholm, but one of the most significant reasons is of course the people in my life. Somehow, I have managed to surround myself with incredibly creative and inspiring individuals that have given me a new perspective on the reality of making a career out of something you love to do.

Anna Larsson, my very best friend, is an amazing photographer. She has never even considered a career in any other field, because taking pictures is what she loves. Although being an artist is not exactly the easiest road to take in life, I do believe it can be one of the most fulfilling. Anna's dedication and passion for her art inspires me and has given me the desire to seek out my own ways of being creative and leaving my artistic mark on this world.

Anna already has an impressive resume. She has worked as an assistant to a successful photographer here in Stockholm and completed the certificate program at the prestigious International Center for Photography in New York City. She has started her own business now and works as a full-time photographer.

I have taken advantage of my friend's amazing talent and have asked her to take a lot of pictures of me over the years. On the other hand, she has taken advantage of my incredible poise and beauty and has asked me to be her model on several occasions so it works out for the both of us ;) hahahahaha... Here are a few of my favorite pictures she has taken of me:
After work...Taken in our NYC apartment. This is from one of our first "photoshoots" taken in Stockholm in September 2006 Fall in Prospect Park...taken in Brooklyn in Autumn 2007 This picture is from the photoshoot Anna did for her final exhibition at ICP. The project was called Almost see through.Taken in Dalarna, Midsommar 2007 Backyard BBQ party in Williamsburg, March 2008

Believe it or not, Anna does in fact take pictures of other things and other people besides me :) Travel and food photography are her specialty but she doesn't limit herself to just that. Check out her new website to see more of her work.

1 comments:

Anayansi said...

beautiful pics.

i saw her website. did she do the clothes or the jewelry?