October 27, 2008

Wedding Weekend

It's Monday and another week has begun. The weekends just never seem to last long enough, but they go by especially quick when we have a lot planned. Friday night Klas and I treated ourselves to an expensive dinner to celebrate pay day. Woohoo! Here in Sweden, you only get paid once a month so it is a very exciting day :) We decided to try something new and ended up at a Pakistani restaurant called Lilla Pakistan. We are always the adventurers when it comes to food since both Klas and I love strong flavors. Indian and Thai food are still my favorite, but we enjoyed our fancy dinner.

Saturday we attended the wedding of one of Klas' close friends Stefan and his now wife Elisabeth. It was a beautiful ceremony and great party with all the charm and simplicity of a Swedish wedding. There are some wedding traditions here that are different to me, like how there is always assigned seating for dinner and you don't get to sit with your date. I suppose it is a tradition that has evolved here as a way to force the guests to get know eachother, since talking to strangers can be tough for some Swedes. It has made for an interesting experience for me at the two Swedish weddings I have been to where I didn't know anyone except Klas. Both times I ended up making great friends with all my table mates and now I have decided I like the tradition. We had a fun night of great food (Brasilian food) and some wild dancing (Klas even played with the band for awhile) and we felt lucky to be a part of Stefan and Elisabeth's special day.
Staffan, Ida, Me and Klas before the ceremony. Apparently the theme for the night was gray and black. The "I do's"... except they said it in Swedish of course :)
Cutting the cake(s)!

3 comments:

brooke said...

Yay! Swedes do get married :)
KIDDING. Love you guys. If I ever get to come to a wedding in Sweden (A-hem)don't make me sit next to people I don't know.

brooke said...

You look beautiful by the way. Seems like you guys are always having fun together. Glad life over there is going so well. I miss you Camille. TONS!!!

Camille said...

Hahahaha...of course you will have to sit by people you don't know if you EVER have to come to Sweden for a wedding ;) It's tradition. And I will make sure that none of them speak English either.