November 18, 2009

Oh what a difference five months makes

I can't tell you how strange it feels that my last entry was posted five months ago and was titled Eternal daylight. Partly because it honestly feels like we went on that late-night picnic one week ago, but also because I now, five months later, find myself in the eternal darkness of Swedish winter.

If the sun does come out, it will peak it's little head out for a few hours mid-day but I have not managed to see my solar friend for weeks. I have seen gray skies and I have seen black skies, but no sun. In fact, I have the day off from work today and as I was walking home from the grocery store, I realized I had no sense of what time it was. 2:00? 6:00? 10:00pm? Could really be any of those. I decided that it was just dark and wet o'clock.

Opposites are what make life exciting, and I am trying my best to enjoy this yin to summer's yang. One way to get through the winter is to keep extra busy and I look forward to posting more often!

0 comments: