November 22, 2009

Catching up

Where do you start when you have taken such a long sabbatical from the blogging world? It doesn't seem practical to just start writing as if nothing has changed or happened over the past five months, but its not easy to try and catch up.

Instead of writing a chapter book, here is a list of some of the things that have been going on in my life here in Sweden.
- Klas and I took a trip to Copenhagen in the beginning of July to go to the Jazz Festival there. It was such a good trip for us.



- My family and some very special friends made the long trip to Sweden in August and I was finally able to share the beauty of this special city I live in with those who matter most to me in the world.

- The reason everyone came was of course for wedding! Klas and I were married on August 22 in Ă…rsunda, and it truly was the best day of my life. (more posts on the wedding to come!)

-We went to Skiathos, Greece for our honeymoon which was by far the best vacation I have ever been on. We are already looking forward to going back.

-I started a Swedish litterature and writting course at Stockholm University in September and now go to class in the evening two nights a week. I have made some new friends there and would like to think my Swedish has moved up a level since I started.
- I was finally made permanent at my job as an editor, where I have been working under a temporary contract for more than a year. It is a great relief for me to have more security and to be able to continue doing what I love.

As I think back on the past five months, I realize that some pretty amazing things have happened to me. I have taken a lot of steps in the right direction down my life path and am loving everyday because of it. Life is good.

1 comments:

brooke said...

Yay!! You're back. I am a faithful reader. Love you and miss you Camille. It has been an amazing year for you. So happy and proud of you. xoxo, Brooke