February 25, 2008

Mom, Happy....30th....Birthday!

Just call it a birthday blog extravaganza. Today is my mom's birthday and there is no way I could pass up the opportunity to express how grateful I am that she was born 56, I mean 30 years ago today :) Not only because if she hadn't been, I wouldn't be here, but more importantly because this world would not be as good of a place without her.

The older I get, the more I realize that anything good, loving, kind, honest, or positive about who I am as a person comes from my mom. She is the world's greatest example of what a mother is meant to be to her children: a teacher, a comforter, a cheerleader, a disciplinarian, a confidant, a rock, and a friend. She has shown me, Ian and Brooke what pure and unwavering unconditional love looks like and we are all better people because of it.

My mom is the most selfless person walking the face of this earth. She has and will always do ANYTHING for the ones she loves, and to be honest, for any stranger in need of help. She deserves to have a fabulous birthday more than anyone, and I wish I could be with her today to celebrate and to tell her face to face how lucky I am to be her daughter.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for the great post.......
Love you more! Mom

Probative said...

Here Here, Amen, Echo, and Ditto.

brooke said...

Happy Bday Mom. Glad we could see you yesterday! We love you tons. Cam, thanks for posting this. You're sweet :)